- 2 oz rye whiskey
- 1/4 oz simple syrup
- 2 Dashes of Peychaud’s bitters
- Dash of Angostura Bitters
- Splash of Absinthe to rinse the glass
- Garnish: Lemon peel
- Put the rocks glass in the freezer to chill (or fill with ice) while you build the cocktail.
- Combine the rye whiskey, simple syrup, and bitters into a mixing glass. Fill with ice and stir for 15-20 seconds until chilled.
- Grab your rocks glass from the freezer (or empty out the ice) and pour in a splash of absinthe. Rinse it around the inside of the glass and pour it out.
- Strain the drink into your chilled rocks glass. Express the oils from a lemon peel into the drink, rub around the rim of the glass and drop the lemon peel into the glass (can also discard).
- Let the sazerac warm your bones!