If you want your taste buds to love the hell out of you, then you need to try this. Got to love pomegranate season!
Now this drink isn’t a “bramble” if judging based on the true ingredients, but I felt experimental with this one…and it’s pomegranate season so a variation felt appropriate.
I used dark rum, but because this recipe calls for fruit juice and simple syrup feel free to substitute the dark rum for other spirits (bourbon, brandy, light rum, etc.). Enjoy and get tipsy!
- 2 oz dark rum
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 small lemon wedges
- 1/4 oz simple syrup
- 3/4 oz fresh pomegranate juice
- Garnish: Sprig of rosemary and a couple of pomegranate seeds (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker, drop in the sprig of rosemary, 2 small lemon wedges, and simple syrup. Gently muddle to release the flavor of the rosemary and lemon juice.
- Next, pour in the rum, pomegranate juice, and a bit of crushed ice. Shake for 15 seconds to combine flavors and chill.
- Pour the drink into a rocks glass, and top the drink with more crushed ice. If you prefer not to have the muddled ingredients in your drink, feel free to strain the drink into a rocks glass already filled with crushed ice, lightly stir, then top with more crushed ice.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary, chug, then make another!