To put it simply, this drink is timeless. George Washington drank this sh*t during the revolutionary war, and people will still be ordering this after a nuclear holocaust. Oh, and for your own sake, never order an old fashioned from Applebee’s.
If you want a more in depth breakdown of how to make an Old Fashioned, check out my “How To Make a Classic Old Fashioned” I did with the Kitchn.
- 2 oz. Bourbon
- 1/4 oz. Simple Syrup
- 2 Dashes of Angostura Bitters
- Garnish: Orange peel
- Use a mixing glass separate from the rocks glass you will be sipping this holy beverage from.
- Pour in your bourbon, simple syrup, and 2 dashes of Angostura bitters.
- Fill the mixing glass with ice cubes, and stir the ingredients for 15-20 seconds with a bar spoon.
- Strain the drink over a rocks glass containing one large ice cube.
- Garnish with an orange peel.