I don’t know about you, but I experience a slight amount of depression after Christmas. It’s that “I have to wait another 364 days until next Christmas?” kind of sadness. This holiday season though, I figured I’d do something to counteract that…throw a get together amongst friends in the days following Christmas, and right before New Year’s. Arguably my best idea to date.
Just because the holidays are coming to an end doesn’t mean the fun has to stop. There’s really no better way to keep the party going than to whip up a winter sangria with Mist Twst lemon lime.
This sangria is a great option for a get together because it’s easy to make, doesn’t break the budget, and doesn’t require ingredients that are inaccessible. Whenever you’re hosting, always keep in mind creating something that is not as taxing on you so you can enjoy the party as well! If you’re into keeping the festivities going, check out the recipe below!
- 1-2 cans of Mist Twst Lemon Lime
- 1 bottle of red wine (I recommend a Spanish red wine)
- 2 anjou pears diced
- 2 gala apples diced
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 2 oz fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz brandy
- Garnish: blackberries, pears, apples, rosemary sprig
- Dice up the 2 anjou pears, 2 apples, and measure out about 1 cup of blackberries.
- Combine your ingredients into a pitcher and top with the red wine, simple syrup, brandy, and orange juice. Stir and chill in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours (feel free to chill overnight if you want the flavors to infuse longer).
- Pour in 2 ounces of the winter sangria into a glass filled with ice, and fruit chunks. Top with Mist Twst lemon lime to add the bubbles and to freshen up the sangria with lemon/lime flavor.
This post was created in partnership with PepsiCo. All views and opinions are my own.