“It’s a surprising combination that works great together. Which is odd, considering that it was named for an historic event that took place in Mexico in the 1860′s which wasn’t so sweet.” – Kathy Marker
This drink was featured in Imbibe Magazine, and created by Misty Kalkofen at Drink in Boston. The fresh lemon juice, sweet vermouth, and St. Germain elderflower liqueur mix together well to take the edge off the smokey profile of mezcal.
- 1 oz Mezcal
- 1 oz St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- .5 oz Sweet Vermouth
- .25 oz fresh lemon juice
- Garnish with a lemon twist
- Pour in all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Fill up the shaker with ice cubes, and shake the drink for 20 seconds.
- Strain the drink over the martini glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.