Had a lot of fun with this particular drink post! It was a collaboration with a fellows bloggers, Adam and Ryan, with Husbands That Cook. Good food and good booze has a way of fostering a sense of camaraderie amongst people, and that’s exactly what this post is about.
When it comes to the food portion though, it’s always best to go to people who truly know what they’re doing in the kitchen! Adam and Ryan are amazing! They whipped up some unreal Tostones with Spicy Mango Salsa that pair perfectly with this Mango Cooler cocktail. This food and drink combo is to make you feel like you’re on a tropical vacation no matter where you are. Hope you enjoy this mango madness!
- 2 oz light rum
- 2.5 oz Mango Purée
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- 1/4 oz vanilla syrup
- Soda water
- Garnish: Sprig of mint and mango cubes
- Using a peeler or paring knife, peel the skin from 1-2 mangos. Slice off the fruit from the pit of the mango and toss the fruit (not the pit) into a blender (then blend it, obviously).
- Combine the light rum, lime juice, vanilla syrup, and some mango puree into a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake vigorously until chilled and infused.
- Pour the drink into a collins glass filled with ice, and top with club soda. Garnish with a straw, sprig of mint and mango cubes.
- Chill poolside and make everyone around you jealous they’re not sipping on a mango cooler cocktail.