The Christmas season is in full swing, and I’m excited to partner with Express to show you how I spend my holidays!
Traditionally, I’d spend holiday seasons traveling to Chicago to visit my grandparents, and extended family (it’s a pretty big family). I grew up in Phoenix, Arizona so I wouldn’t see them but once or twice a year. Having the entire family together celebrating in my grandparent’s small apartment made everything feel tight knit, and that’s exactly how I like the holidays to feel. Plus, since I know how to mix a pretty mean cocktail these days, I’m able to help bring everyone together that much more!
For me, that’s what the Apartment Bartender blog is all about. I love the sense of community holidays bring, and crafting cocktails for friends and family is about fostering a sense of light heartedness and camaraderie between people.
My family interprets light hearted as crazy though! Things can get pretty wild with everyone around! We all contribute to the feast and celebration. We’re all dressed up. We’re all in the mix, and I’m sure you can already guess what my contribution to the party is…booze! Here’s a cocktail recipe that I plan on mixing up for everyone come Christmas!
Blackberry Bourbon Cocktail
- 2 oz bourbon whiskey
- 3/4 oz pure maple syrup
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 3-5 muddled blackberries
- Garnish: Rosemary sprig and blackberry
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the bourbon, lemon juice, maple syrup, and blackberries.
- Using a muddler, smash the blackberries to release the juices. Fill the cocktail shaker with ice, and shake for 10 seconds until the cocktail is chilled.
- Double strain (with a fine mesh strainer) the cocktail into a rocks glass filled with ice. (This will make sure you don’t get those muddled blackberry chunks in your cocktail).
- Garnish the drink with a sprig of rosemary, and a blackberry.
This blog post was created in partnership with Express. All views and opinions are my own.